Sending mouse events to multi-buttons applications

Sending mouse events to multi-buttons applications

Post by Shuky Rosinge » Mon, 30 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

I am trying to send mouse events to applications running on an X server
from my program. I have a problem with application with buttons where
each button is a window (like xcalc or netscape).

Since each application is consists of many windows, I do not know how to
simulate mouse button press on one of the application's buttons. Should
I send the event to the top level window with x, y coordinates or to the
specific button (which has a window id)?

Anybody done that before who can give me some info on how to do it?

Cheers,
Shuky