undefined reference to XkbLookupKeySym when compiling

undefined reference to XkbLookupKeySym when compiling

Post by DarmaB » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
        I recently installed CDE with Motif and wanted to learn Motif
programming. I am having trouble getting the most basic programs to
compile. I always get the message --->  /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so - undefined
reference to XkbLookupKeySym. I am linking in this order
-lXm -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXintl -lX11

Is it saome kind of CDE environment path problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

1. building xload: "undefined reference to `XkbLookupKeySym'"

Doh! It's in the FAQ. Please excuse me.

Q.C5- I've installed the latest beta and now some applications die as soon as I hit a key. What's wrong?

This problem is usually accompanied by an error message saying that the symbol XkbLookupKeySym was unresolved/not found. It happens
when client programs still use the 6.0 versions of the libraries that now have 6.1 versions.

A script, preinst.sh, is now available to help prevent this from happening. It should be run prior to installing 3.1.2D.

If you didn't run the script, something like this should work to resolve it:

    cd /usr/X11R6/lib
    mv libX11.so.6.0 libX11.so.6.0.sav
    mv libXaw.so.6.0 libXaw.so.6.0.sav
    mv libXext.so.6.0 libXext.so.6.0.sav
    mv libXtst.so.6.0 libXtst.so.6.0.sav
    ln -s libX11.so.6.1 libX11.so.6.0
    ln -s libXaw.so.6.1 libXaw.so.6.0
    ln -s libXext.so.6.1 libXext.so.6.0
    ln -s libXtst.so.6.1 libXtst.so.6.0

The exact commands may vary depending on your OS, but the principal is the same: make sure the 6.1 versions of those four libraries get used.

On Linux, FreeBSD, and NetBSD, you need to either reboot or run ldconfig.
<<<

I hadn't re-linked to the newer libs. Doing that allowed procps to get past
the libXt.so error.

morgan
--
/////////////////////////////////////
// M o r g a n   F l e t c h e r   //

// http://www.hahaha.org           //
/////////////////////////////////////

2. Shell Scripts and Date Question

3. undefined reference to 'XkbLookupKeySym'

4. Recompiling 0.99.14 for ftape

5. undefined reference to `XkbLookupKeySym'

6. Sunview app. under Solaris

7. undefined reference to `pw_crypt',undefined reference to `spw_unpack'

8. Passing a string Varible from AWK to a sh Script

9. kernel can't compile, undefined references errors!

10. "undefined reference" when compiling ghostscript

11. Disk Crash - Cannot compile - error: undefined reference to `_main

12. 2.5.37 : compile failed with undefined reference to find_smp_config with SMP disabled

13. 1.3.6 Kernel compile failure. undefined reference