OpenGL problems w/ screensavers, Unreal Tournament

OpenGL problems w/ screensavers, Unreal Tournament

Post by Doug Hollan » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 08:07:59

I'm running RedHat 7.0, using XFree86 4.0.1.  I've just installed KDE
2.1beta2 (though the problems occured with 2.0.1 as well).  I'm using a
3Dfx Voodoo3 card, and I've installed the drivers from the Preview
directory in the RH7 distribution.  The display is running normally as
1024x768 w/ 16 bit color.

Quake 3 works fine, everything runs great, but when I start Unreal
Tournament, textures are totally mangled (but the geometry is correct)
and the text in the menus is garbled and unreadable.  Also, when I try
to use one of the OpenGL screensavers that come with KDE, I just get a
blank screen.

Any ideas how to get Mesa, OpenGL, X and my hardware to work correctly?

--
Meldroc: remove NOSPAM to email

1. Problem with Unreal Tournament from behind NAT-gateway...

hi all,

I have a home network with 3 computers.

1. Linux 2.4 with Iptables 1.2.5 working as a nat-gateway...
2. Windows 98

When one of us playes Unreal Tournament there's no problem. When we both log
on to the same server our pingtimes get higher and higher... within a few
seconds the game is unplayable... until one of us disconnects from the
server and then everything is alright again....

Other games like Counterstrike work fine...

I would be very greatfull if someone could explain why this is happening...
is it the game that is doing this?
is there something wrong in my iptables script?
is there something i can do about it?

Thnx
  Aragot

2. pipe(2) write limit

3. unreal tournament and linux firewall

4. Merit Radius server: How to compile tarball?

5. Unreal Tournament

6. Accelerated-X in UK... All Linux products in stock...

7. error when running Unreal Tournament

8. 3 PCs connected without HUB possible?

9. Unreal Tournament in Linux

10. Unreal Tournament works under my login, but not son's

11. Anybody here playing Unreal Tournament?

12. Howto punch unreal tournament through firewall?

13. Unreal Tournament under FreeBSD