Q: Direct Graphics Access and Linux

Post by Cameron Pop » Sat, 04 May 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I need to do some high-speed video access in Linux under X-windows.  Does
anyone have any information or pointers to places to look (on-line or
off-line) for information on DGA or some other means of direct access
under X?

Thanks!
Cameron

Post by Henry A Wor » Sun, 05 May 1996 04:00:00

: Hello,

: I need to do some high-speed video access in Linux under X-windows.  Does
: anyone have any information or pointers to places to look (on-line or
: off-line) for information on DGA or some other means of direct access
: under X?

Document - ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/3.1.2D/doc/README.DGA
Example - ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/3.1.2D/dga.tgz

--

No, I don't speak for Amdahl... I'm not even sure I speak for myself.

1. DGA (Direct Graphics Access) & x86

Hi!

Can someone tell me witch display card  support DGA (Direct Graphics Access)
and/or XGL acceleration under x86 2.5 Solaris....

Best,

Erik Masson
 C  Y  B  E  R    D  E  S  I  G  N  (HK)  L T D.

Where your Imagination is part of Our Reality...
Windows NT, Solaris, SCO, Linux, SGI, DEC-OSF/1
OpenGL, Open Inventor, RenderMAN, LightSCAPE,POVray, ...

Step into our REALITY...

2. Adding memory to a V240

3. How can I do Direct Access to Audio CD under Linux

4. An apology to all

5. Direct Serial Port Access under Linux

6. ssi and includes (different) ?

7. Direct Tape Access analog program in Linux

8. Unix Programming FAQ (v1.37)

9. Direct memory access on Linux...

10. Direct Tape Access analog program in Linux

11. Direct memory access under linux

12. Direct Hardware access in Linux

13. Direct write access to a 2-byte I/O range in linux?