Savage 4 and OpenGL (Unable to Create OpenGL Screen)

Savage 4 and OpenGL (Unable to Create OpenGL Screen)

Post by Jiri Menca » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:21:51

Hi,
this is just a *. I'm not too sure if this is the right newsgroup
to ask, but here it goes anyway (if not, please direct me to the right
place). Anybody using Savage 4 (MX) video card in X 4.2.1 and OpenGL?
Unfortunately I wasn't able to set it up properly (even software
emulation doesn't work). I'm using Linux (2.4.19) and current Slackware.

All OpenGL apps I've tried say:
Unable to Create OpenGL Screen: X11 driver not configured with OpenGL

Thanks

--
Jiri

Post by Gregory Davi » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:43:00

> Hi,
> this is just a *. I'm not too sure if this is the right newsgroup
> to ask, but here it goes anyway (if not, please direct me to the right
> place). Anybody using Savage 4 (MX) video card in X 4.2.1 and OpenGL?
> Unfortunately I wasn't able to set it up properly (even software
> emulation doesn't work). I'm using Linux (2.4.19) and current Slackware.

> All OpenGL apps I've tried say:
> Unable to Create OpenGL Screen: X11 driver not configured with OpenGL

> Thanks

I have no idea, but you may get some help at
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Greg

Post by Tim Robert » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:29:54

>this is just a *. I'm not too sure if this is the right newsgroup
>to ask, but here it goes anyway (if not, please direct me to the right
>place). Anybody using Savage 4 (MX) video card in X 4.2.1 and OpenGL?
>Unfortunately I wasn't able to set it up properly (even software
>emulation doesn't work). I'm using Linux (2.4.19) and current Slackware.

>All OpenGL apps I've tried say:
>Unable to Create OpenGL Screen: X11 driver not configured with OpenGL

There is no OpenGL/DRI driver for the Savages.  You can configure it for
software rendering, but you won't get 3D acceleration.

XiG's server is supposed to support this, if you don't mind spending money.
--

  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.