PCI-based ATI Mach64, does it work with XFree86 3.1.2d?

Post by Eduardo Diaz Comella » Wed, 10 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> : > : at a screen resolution of 1024x768? If not, How do I get in contact with
> : > : this company called X-Inside that I understand sells an X-server that
> : > : works with a PCI-based Mach64 card?

> : Upgrade to 3.1.2b  or 3.1.2d to solve the problem. I got the same error
> : until I upgraded :-)

> Would I need to upgrade the whole installation to do this or could
> I just plug in the new Xserver?

Just get the Xserver and remake the links from X ---> Xmach64 and it will
work fine :-)

--

1. PCI-based ATI Mach64, does it work with XFree86 3.1.2d?

I managed to make the X window work (Sort of) with my PCI based ATI Mach64
card, and the 3.1.2d distribution.

I say "sort of" because every time I try to load Xfilemanager (and several
other programs) I get a massage that says "segmentation fault". But the
Xserver loads and runs at 1024 x 768 and I get a visible desktop, even if
most of the utilities don't run.

I think there are still a few bugs in the system, but I am not currently sure
if they are in _my_ system or not.

 ----
Derek Tattersall

2. funny printing problem

3. Telnet refused by remote host

4. XFREE86 3.1.2D and ATI MACH64

5. printing backquotes with lpr

6. ATI Mach64 with XFree86 3.1.2G?

7. Emacs: horizontal scrolling?

8. Help!: ATI mach64 and XFree86 3.1

9. ATI Mach64, 1152x900 in XFree86 3.1?

10. ATI Mach64 and XFREE86 3.1

11. Does ATI WinTurbo PCI Mach64 work with XFree86?

12. ATI Mach64 PCIQ: ATI Mach64 PCI, Xwindow problems ?