Help about wish and tcl commands !

Post by YANG Ton » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Just a question about tcl "langage" :
How can I put a bitmap (and I hope a pixmap) in a button ?
I explain with a simple example (on the sreen) :

/root# wish
% button .b1 -bitmap ??????

Which value I must put in ????? (I have a X11 bitmap file call cdrom.xbm
in the directory /root)

Thanks.

Post by Zach Fre » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Just a question about tcl "langage" :
> How can I put a bitmap (and I hope a pixmap) in a button ?
> I explain with a simple example (on the sreen) :

> /root# wish
> % button .b1 -bitmap ??????

> Which value I must put in ????? (I have a X11 bitmap file call cdrom.xbm
> in the directory /root)

you need the name of an internally-defined bitmap.

So,

% button .b1 -bitmap questhead

% pack .b1 .b2

will display the questhead bitmap and ./some-bitmap.xbm bitmaps.

You'll find better help for Tcl/Tk in comp.lang.tcl.  Also, check
out http://www.scriptics.com/, the resource center has a good collection
of Tcl links (this is the official home of Tcl/Tk).

FYI,

Zach

1. Help about wish and tcl commands !

Hi,

Just a question about tcl "langage" :
How can I put a bitmap (and I hope a pixmap) in a button ?
I explain with a simple example (on the sreen) :

/root# wish
% button .b1 -bitmap ??????

Which value I must put in ????? (I have a X11 bitmap file call cdrom.xbm
in the directory /root)

Thanks.

2. cancel <slrncb51qi.qpo.slrn@starfire.rr.com>

3. Wish(TCL/Tk 3.6 )

4. Screen Font == Printer Font?

5. Dodgy mouse , Madrake 8.1

6. wish command spoit

7. mod_ssl

8. Wish from command line?

9. Command Line editing in Wish- REPOST

10. WISH command line editing?

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. Linux Tcl/Tk diffs in netcom.com: ~ftp/pub/yggdrasil/misc/tcl-diffs