Matrox G450 woes

Matrox G450 woes

Post by Edwin Youn » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:44:47



Hi,

I have a Matrox G450 which refuses to play nice with my setup - it just
produces a blank screen until I reboot. I'm using RedHat 6.1 + XFree86
4.0.1. I've tried using the mga_drv from Matrox's site, and the one from the
XFree86 distribution, but to no avail. If anyone has successfully managed to
get this card to work, I'd appreciate it if they could post their XF86Config
+ any other info which might be helpful.

Thanks a lot,

--
Edwin

 
 
 

Matrox G450 woes

Post by BigByt » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 06:56:15


Hi...

I just started working with the Matrox G450 card. I found that when you
startx that the output of the X screen goes to the 2nd VGA output port.
It is working just fine on that output port. Don't know why yet...I just got
started myself. Also, once you use the startx command and exit the
X session ALL output then continues to go to the 2nd VGA output port!

Hope that helps.

Jeff


Quote:> Hi,

> I have a Matrox G450 which refuses to play nice with my setup - it just
> produces a blank screen until I reboot. I'm using RedHat 6.1 + XFree86
> 4.0.1. I've tried using the mga_drv from Matrox's site, and the one from
the
> XFree86 distribution, but to no avail. If anyone has successfully managed
to
> get this card to work, I'd appreciate it if they could post their
XF86Config
> + any other info which might be helpful.

> Thanks a lot,

> --
> Edwin


 
 
 

Matrox G450 woes

Post by S?re » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:39:52


are you using mgahal?
http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.2/DRI10.html#40

BigByte skrev i meddelelsen

>Hi...

>I just started working with the Matrox G450 card. I found that when you
>startx that the output of the X screen goes to the 2nd VGA output port.
>It is working just fine on that output port. Don't know why yet...I just
got
>started myself. Also, once you use the startx command and exit the
>X session ALL output then continues to go to the 2nd VGA output port!

>Hope that helps.

>Jeff



>> Hi,

>> I have a Matrox G450 which refuses to play nice with my setup - it just
>> produces a blank screen until I reboot. I'm using RedHat 6.1 + XFree86
>> 4.0.1. I've tried using the mga_drv from Matrox's site, and the one from
>the
>> XFree86 distribution, but to no avail. If anyone has successfully managed
>to
>> get this card to work, I'd appreciate it if they could post their
>XF86Config
>> + any other info which might be helpful.

>> Thanks a lot,

>> --
>> Edwin

 
 
 

Matrox G450 woes

Post by BigByt » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 01:23:53


Yes I did compile the MGA driver using the MGAHAL.


> are you using mgahal?
> http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.2/DRI10.html#40

> BigByte skrev i meddelelsen

> >Hi...

> >I just started working with the Matrox G450 card. I found that when you
> >startx that the output of the X screen goes to the 2nd VGA output port.
> >It is working just fine on that output port. Don't know why yet...I just
> got
> >started myself. Also, once you use the startx command and exit the
> >X session ALL output then continues to go to the 2nd VGA output port!

> >Hope that helps.

> >Jeff



> >> Hi,

> >> I have a Matrox G450 which refuses to play nice with my setup - it just
> >> produces a blank screen until I reboot. I'm using RedHat 6.1 + XFree86
> >> 4.0.1. I've tried using the mga_drv from Matrox's site, and the one
from
> >the
> >> XFree86 distribution, but to no avail. If anyone has successfully
managed
> >to
> >> get this card to work, I'd appreciate it if they could post their
> >XF86Config
> >> + any other info which might be helpful.

> >> Thanks a lot,

> >> --
> >> Edwin

 
 
 

1. Radeon All in Wonder vs. Matrox G450 TV

I am looking at purchasing a 3D video card with the video editing, and
TV
tuning capabilities, and the two that I am trying to settle between is
the
ATI Radeon All in Wonder, and the Matrox G450 TV card. I am currently
using both Mandrake 7.2 and RedHat 7.0 (having troubles picking) and
am wondering about which card is better supported under linux. Any
comments would be most welcome.

Thanks,

2. stupid question

3. Matrox G450 and OpenGL

4. Glade Problem

5. Problem with Solaris 10 x86, Matrox G450 Dual Head, X.org and Xinerama

6. Moving a my server from one ISP to another. NEED HELP ASAP before 7-11-97

7. MAtrox G450 beta-driver

8. Xt forgets to call action procs

9. Matrox g450 16m & Mandrake 8.0 ????

10. Problem with matrox g450 and xfree 4.0.3

11. FreeBSD 4.2 and Matrox Millennium G450 Dual Head LE

12. Matrox G450

13. Matrox G450 DH