Number 9 9FX Vision 330 card

Post by Ling C. » Mon, 10 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I just got a video board, #9 9FX Vision 330
w/  S3 Trio 32/64 chip.

I tried to use the X11S3 server  (X311S3u1.tgz I think),
have the XF86config with:
Chipset "mmio_829"   (forgot if it's actually something else and not 829)
ClockChip "s3_trio"
Ramdac "s3_trio"
Everything else is configured by xf86config where the only information
I entered are the frequency for my monitor and the identifiers.

When I started X, it ran well and gave me all the windows just like
i had set up before with my et4000w32 card. But when I tried to
screen got totally messed up, the monitor is not in sync at all.
I will get that even if I kill the X with ctrl-alt-backspace.
Later i discovered that if I get out from X when I cycle to 800x600 mode,
i will get a stable text screen but now the whole screen is shrinked
and the texts are much smaller than it should. The two other resolution
i set up are 1024x768 and 600x480 and if I tried to get to a
virtual console or get out from X at that point, my monitor will get out
of sync as I discribed.

Have any one use this card? Can I get a working xf86config or
any advice on setting it up correctly?

My monitor is a NEC 3fgx btw.

Thanks
ling

1. AS 200 4/233 with 9FX Vision 330 Card

I'm a proud owner of the above mentioned machine (Onsale.com).
I was able to install RH 5.2 on it, and it runs fine, but
I cannot seem to find an XServer that supports the
9FX Vision 330 card that came with the system.
Any suggestions or will it just need to be a non-X
box.
TIA
Chris Krebs

2. (n)curses problem

3. #9 9fx Vision 330-2mb

4. Solution for DSL modem hangs

5. #9 9FX Vision 330 HELP!

6. network printing?

7. Newbie needs config file for #9FX Vision 330

8. School Server

9. Needed: Config file for for Number 9 Vision 330 (2MB)

10. ATI Xpression or #9FX 330/331 with 16bpp?

11. Number9 Vision 330 dot-clock

12. #9 Vision 330