X server problem with ATI all-in-Wonder video card

X server problem with ATI all-in-Wonder video card

Post by Marc Jourdeui » Mon, 04 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I am using the ATI all-in-Wonder video card,
with 4Mb Ram.
It seems to use the Mach 64 chipset,
chip type is 3D Rage II+ 215GT...

I am currently using a 15" NEC Multisync 4FGe,
for which I don't know it's characteristics.

I am using Linux RedHat v4.1a, Kernel 2.0.27

I have tried to use InfoMagic Metro-X X server
and XFree86 version 3.3, can't seem to get either to work.

I have run XF86Setup a few times, with different
card settings. I always get a black screen when it tries
to start the X server, then I have to reboot.

Win95 works fine with this video card & monitor.

If anyone has a solution, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Marc