Doubled pictures in Mosaic 2.7b1-ELF

Post by Dmitry Kulgino » Tue, 27 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I have a very small disk and Slackware 3.0 (this is why I'd
like all my binaries to be in ELF format), so I got the Mosaic
2.7b1-ELF binary and edited it as described in ELF-HOWTO.
It works fine except for all the pictures (even the rotating
globe in the right corner) are compressed horizontally and
doubled. My libXpm is 4.7.

Has anybody had such a behavior? Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Dimitri

Post by Ken Shaff » Wed, 28 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: I have a very small disk and Slackware 3.0 (this is why I'd
: like all my binaries to be in ELF format), so I got the Mosaic
: 2.7b1-ELF binary and edited it as described in ELF-HOWTO.
: It works fine except for all the pictures (even the rotating
: globe in the right corner) are compressed horizontally and
: doubled. My libXpm is 4.7.
: Has anybody had such a behavior? Any suggestions would be
: greatly appreciated.
I have seen this with Mosaic 2.4 and 2.7, a.out as well as ELf.
I just didn't spend much time with Mosaic until the recent
Netscapes stopped supporting 4  bit planes.  Come  to think of it,
the earlier versioins (Going back to kernel 1.0.9 ) had a bad
color mapping, and all I could see of the globe was the shadow L
the second picture made.
Ken Shaffer

1. Mosaic && chimera doubling pictures

Hello *,

I have a problem. I try to use the www clients Mosiac and Chimera,
Chimera compiled sucsesfully but when it's trying to displaying
images it doubles them. So i get two the same pictures next to
each other. The same problem happens with Mosaic. It doesn't happen
with Netscape. But would like to use a browser which doesn't use
as much memory as Netscape or Mosiac (and which uses X).

Greetings Rogier van Wanroij

PS.

Could someone (not everybody) outside the Netherlands post a reply
to me. I don't know for sure if my messages gets outside the Netherlands!

2. Good database Library

3. Mosaic 2.7b1 Is it for SCO OS Release 5.0

4. Trouble installing Linux

5. Mosaic 2.7b1

6. session.use_cookies

7. Mosaic 2.7b1 Is it for SCO OS Release 5.0 Only?

8. -2.4.21-rc1 general summary

9. Mosaic-2.7b1 & OSE 5

10. Mosaic 2.7b1 on X86

11. Mosaic 2.7b1, anyone?

12. Mosaic shows every picture twice

13. double picture in window using ANSYS