X-Login won't work 1st time round...

Post by Jonathan Delstrothe » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Heya...
I'm using the X-Window login on my linux box, & hit a fairly strange
problem.  It only started doing it recently, I've no idea what started it.
If I login with my account, straight from bootup, the resolution changes, a
blue screen (my gnome background) comes up, then it exits straight back to
the login.
Second time around, it works fine, & loads up enlightenment / gnome.

If I login as root, it works fine, ditto for logginng in under my name after
root has logged in.  If I had to, I could set up a new non-priveliged (damn,
I *know* thats spelt wrong) user & test with that - I was just wondering if
anyone had a quick answer...

Cheers anyways
Jonathan
Terminal Linux Newbie

1. (Newbie) How do I install what I left out 1st time round from CD?

Hi I am a newbie and I just installed from bootable CD (text mode)
using Custom. I am wondering how I go back to that same menu I saw
during install time to select something I left out the first time? Do
I just boot from the CD again and select Custom again? Or select
Upgrade? I know I can use RPM, but that means I need to know the
package name etc. I want to install additional from that same menu I
saw during install time, you see, since it is all organized so nicely
in categories.

Thanks in advance!
Floyd

2. xterm won't run with 2.4

3. How to change the desktop picture at the X-login time ?

4. Making GTK work in the background while my app works in foreground

5. RedHat Linux 5.2 - 1st time login?? how??

6. Solaris bash, bzip2, gzip and rgrep

7. X-login

8. Connecting Linux <-->Win 95 via PLIP ??

9. 4.6.27 libs: now login won't work!

10. ftp logins won't work

11. Still more DosEmu problems:Ctrl key won't work all the time.

12. CD won't work, system won't reboot...please help

13. Lost Mandrake 6.0 X-login screen