xdm-shadow anyone ?

Post by Michael Buchenried » Mon, 10 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

has anybody got a xdm-shadow binary ? Running with X11R6 ?
Or any hint where to find one ?
This is beginning to drive me nuts...

Regards (thanks again, Kevin!)

Michael

* Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore strange *
* UNIX commands and to boldly code where no one has manpage 4...         *

1. xdm-shadow listens to some port

Hi,

It seems that xdm-shadow listens to some random port and the same applies for all processes started under xdm-shadow. Does anybody know whether this is a security problem? Is there any way to avoid it?

Currently, no other host can access the display or get a login window (/etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess).

Many thanks in advance.

Demetris.

2. gzip pipe to cpio...random links renamed

3. xdm-shadow & password length

4. Solaris 8 ufsdump Level 0 backup

5. XFree 3.1.2.F xdm-shadow won't run

6. Regparm

7. 1.1.54/XFree86(tm)-3.1 strange gid-behaviour with xdm-shadow

8. I'll stop complaining about windows reboots

9. Can't build xdm-shadow

10. xdm-shadow under 0.99p10

11. Need Help on Xdm-Shadow

12. Installing xdm & xdm wouldn't let anyone in

13. xdm, login, shadow passwd