Mouse buttons & keyboard events

Post by Olivier Biberstei » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Dear all

Does anyone can help me ?

I have a laptop AST Ascentia950N equipped with Red Hat 5.0
using the fvwm window manager.

The two mouse buttons on the keyboard are physically dead :(
but the track point is ok.

I wonder if it is possible to use the INS and DEL keys on
the keyboard instead of the two buttons (I don't use them).
In other words, is is possible to move the button events
to some keyboard events using some utilities, such as
xmodmap or another tool ?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,
Olivier.
--
Olivier BIBERSTEIN.  Centre for Software Reliability, Bedson Building,
University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, United Kingdom.

http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/~olivier.biberstein/   Fax: (+44 191) 222-8788