remote sound

Post by patric » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

What facilities (if any) are there for running an X program remotely but
having the sound on the local machine?

remote sound

u cant redirect sound

Post by Rasput » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>> What facilities (if any) are there for running an X program remotely but
>> having the sound on the local machine?
>u cant redirect sound

That's a funny way to spell 'esound'...

------------------------------
New Stuff in EsounD version 0.2:

<snip>

o  ESPEAKER environment variable
        - can be used to play/record/monitor esd on a
        remote machine
------------------------------
--

Rasputin.
Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns.

remote sound

Post by patric » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> >> What facilities (if any) are there for running an X program remotely but
> >> having the sound on the local machine?

> >u cant redirect sound

> That's a funny way to spell 'esound'...

Actually, I just ran across NAS (Network Audio Server) / NCDaudio.  It seems
to work just find.  Why should I not use it?  Or, why should I use eSound?
Pros? Cons?

remote sound

Post by Rasput » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>> >u cant redirect sound

>> That's a funny way to spell 'esound'...

>Actually, I just ran across NAS (Network Audio Server) / NCDaudio.  It seems
>to work just find.  Why should I not use it?

<blank>
You should not use it if you don't want sound across the network.

Quote:> Or, why should I use eSound?

Eh? Oh I see - no idea mate, try them both and see which you prefer.

--

Rasputin.
Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns.

1. remote sound?

I am using X and running X applications from one linux computer on
another that works great and is so cool, but what is the best way to do
remote sound so that sound that is suppose to play on the other computer
plays on the local one instead. I saw a thing called network audio
server and it say it is kind of like x but for sound. Is it any good or
is there something better.

Thanks

--
Flounder

2. Bash and aliases

3. remote sound

4. Boot-up second hard drive

5. Remote sound from Linux to Windows

6. Diald gives "Nonzero exit on route"

7. What about remote sound?

8. Modem sharing

9. remote sound-playing questions

10. RedHat 6.1 sound works on X console, but not on X remote

11. Remote XWindows & Sound on PowerWave?

12. Sound support on for REMOTE XWINDOWS

13. Sound: Replace beep with other sound thru pc speaker/sound card?