Enlightenment 0.16 & Window menus

Post by J Tokar » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have just upgraded from Enlightenment 0.15 to Enlightenment 0.16 it
all seems to be working Ok but when I bring up a window menu with the
right mouse button on the window border I no longer have a menu option
to let me move the window to another desktop.  I am using it in
conjunction with Gnome and I much prefer the Gnome pager to the E'
virtual desktop.  The only way I can move a window to a different
desktop is either move to the desired desktop before starting the app.
Or set the window a sticky the move to the new desktop and unsticky it.
Is there any way to get my move desktop menu option back?  I don't
remember setting any particular options in E' 0.15.

Thanx in advance,  Jay.

Post by R.K.A » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I have just upgraded from Enlightenment 0.15 to Enlightenment 0.16 it
> all seems to be working Ok but when I bring up a window menu with the
> right mouse button on the window border I no longer have a menu option
> to let me move the window to another desktop.  I am using it in
> conjunction with Gnome and I much prefer the Gnome pager to the E'
> virtual desktop.  The only way I can move a window to a different
> desktop is either move to the desired desktop before starting the app.
> Or set the window a sticky the move to the new desktop and unsticky it.
> Is there any way to get my move desktop menu option back?  I don't
> remember setting any particular options in E' 0.15.

Not sure, but you should get 0.16.1 instead.
Changelog:
http://enlightenment.org/release_0.16.1.html
Downloads:
ftp://ftp.enlightenment.org/pub/enlightenment/enlightenment/

--
Step by step guide to TrueType fonts under RedHat6:
http://home.powertech.no/rkaa/linux.html#ttf

Enlightenment 0.16 & Window menus

Post by Dennis H. Leopol » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

You can also move the apps around inside of the E pager.  You can also turn
tools tips on, while the pointer sits on the desktop a tool tip will appear
showing various key combos.  It took a bit, but I now preffer the E pager
and icon thingamabob to the gnome pager.  Also, as was mentioned upgrade to
0.16.1.

For a quick tip, try holding down ALT or CTRL and clicking the mouse buttons
to see what happens;-)

Quote:> Hi,

Post by J Tokar » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> You can also move the apps around inside of the E pager.  You can also turn
> tools tips on, while the pointer sits on the desktop a tool tip will appear
> showing various key combos.  It took a bit, but I now preffer the E pager
> and icon thingamabob to the gnome pager.  Also, as was mentioned upgrade to
> 0.16.1.

> For a quick tip, try holding down ALT or CTRL and clicking the mouse buttons
> to see what happens;-)

I prefer the Gnome pager as I can set the gnome panel to auto-hide and the
pager is easily accessed by moving my mouse to the bottom of the screen.
But I did try the E' Pager and found a problem.  I (accidentally) minimized the
pager, not only did this remove the pager from the screen without producing an
icon to restore it, but turning off the pager and turning it back on again in
setting failed to restore it.  I had to restart Enlightenment to get it back.
I also tried upgrading to E 0.16.1 this did not return the desktop menu item
and neither ALT or CTRL offer any solution either.

Jay

1. Newbie: Sound in Enlightenment 0.16

Hi

Everytime i try to enable sound effects in Enlightenment 0.16 I get the
following error:

"Error initialising sound

Audio was enabled for Enlightenment but there was an error
communicationg with the audio server (Esound).
Audio will now be disabled."

My question is why it is that Esound doesn't work, I haven't even an
option to switch to it in XMMS (newest version)?

I have tried typing esd in xterm but it says that it is already running.

Computer: beige G3/233 with 128 MB RAM and LinuxPPC 1999.
--
Yours sincerely

Anders  B aden Nielsen
www: http://abn.dht.dk

ICQ#: 32984804 (<=-frEak oN a leAsh>)
-------------------------------------
Bartender, I'd like whatever the man on the floor was drinking

2. Success story...

3. KDE and Enlightenment 0.16.X

4. stuck in waitid()

5. Enlightenment.0.16 and a lib-problem

6. Problem with the Qt libraries

7. StarOffice and Netscape in Enlightenment 0.16.X

8. libg2c...Caldera OL 2.2

9. Enlightenment 0.16 and StarOffice 5.1

10. enlightenment 0.16.x - desktop buttons?

11. put User Menu in a mouse pop-up menu in Gnome/Enlightenment?

12. Enlightenment menus vs. GNOME menus

13. Enlightenment: how to edit window menu?