ICQJava and KDE

Post by Andrew Sha » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I can run ICQjava fine.  but when I open a message window it disapears.
this only happens under kde and not fvwm.  Does any one know how to fix
this?
Andrew

ICQJava and KDE

Post by B. Collin » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> I can run ICQjava fine.  but when I open a message window it disapears.
> this only happens under kde and not fvwm.  Does any one know how to fix
> this?
> Andrew

The problem you describe is a known problem with ICQjava and KDE.  Until
the problem is resolved, the short term solution is to either use kicq,
a KDE based client, or any one of several other indepentent ICQ clients.

ICQJava and KDE

Post by Andrew Sha » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Who else makes icq clients?  Do they work with real icq?
Andrew

Post by 0ut(as » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Who else makes icq clients?  Do they work with real icq?
>Andrew

<snip>

Take a look at http://www.han.de/~racke/pard/icq.html
It has a relatively decent listing of the available iCQ clients for *nix and
where to get them.

0ut(ast

        Life would be a lot simpler if
        we could just see the source code.