mouse wont work in X!

Post by Chris Penros » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>when i start X my mouse wont work! why?

I have the same problem with my Slackware linux on intel.
I have tried both /dev/psaux and /dev/mouse but X simply
won't respond to the mouse.  The mouse works perfectly
well using a Linux console.

Christopher

mouse wont work in X!

Post by Wowi » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

# killall gpm

> please help me... i am a very new newbie on linux...
> im using debian hamm...
> when i start X my mouse wont work! why?
> ive tried all configuratins possible with xf86config! my mouse is a
> simple ms/ps2 mouse! why doesnt it work? does it have something to do
> with gpm?

> thanks a lot in advance for your attention!

1. HELP : PS2 mouse - HP Vectra VL series 3 5/90 mouse wont work.

We have installed LINUX, but when we try to run X-Windows we got the  following message :

        Fatal server error :
        Can not open mouse (device for resource busy)
        xinit : Now such file or directory (errno 2) : unexpected signal 13

        we have the file "/dev/psaux" and in the file XF86Config we have the following lines :

        Section "Pointer"
                Protocol "PS/2"
                Device "/dev/psaux"

thanks for your time.

Noel Lopes & Paulo Nunes

2. Help: Cannot get XWin started with DiamondStealth

3. PS/2 type 'mouse systems' mouse wont work

4. Linux RIP ??

5. Mouse wont work: cannot open mouse (too many symbolic links)

6. Unisys ICON 2's

7. MOUSE - BUSMICE - Gateway 2000 mouse wont work

8. NCI to bundle StarOffice with NC

9. Mouse wont work

10. Mouse wont work in xfree86

11. BUSMICE - Gateway 2000 mouse wont work

12. Apple USB mouse w/Orange Micro PCI USB/Firewire card wont work!

13. mouse wont work gnome