ExpertColor S3 trio 64

Post by roo » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

I just got a new PCI wiz bang m/b etc and am running it successfully in every department except, yes you guessed it, X.
I got a ExpertColor S3trio64 MPEG graphics card (non V+) and no matter WHAT I do, what options I use, what dot-clock freq. I use, which modelines...etc etc
I always get an unreadable display...where the screen is broken up Vertically by strips of black. Little ones, like 4mm (alternate with 4mm of the color which should be there!)  for an effect much like...

   | | | | | | |
   | | | | | | |

Well, u get the picture.
It's late at night and its really got me stumped so just wondering if anyone knows a fix or anyone else stuck in the same hole.

Cheers

"and politicians are so feeble, slimey and gutless you can't even hate
them"
      -Hugh Laurie
Life's Short, Rave Hard.
Matty.P