2x video card; 2x monitor; full colors

Post by Jeff Gain » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:00:28 +0100, "Schonkeren G.A.C."

>Hello,

>Is there any way I can get Linux to understand that I have two video
>cards with on each of them a monitor attached. I know there are tools
>for this, but they only seem to work with the Hercules / VGA
>combination. I wanna do it the Windows 98 (sorry) style: full colours,
>different resolutions etc....

>I don't have any problems booting or so; it uses by default one of my
>monitors, only the second one...

>Kind regards,

>Guido Schonkeren

Guido

I asked this a few days ago and Aaron Bredon replied:

Quote:>Yes, BUT ... XFree86 doesn't currently support 2 monitors -
>you would have to get a commercial X Server - Either Metro-X($40)
>or Accelerated-X Multi-Head (about $200, IIRC).

>Go to their web pages for more information.

>As I recall, Metro-X supports up to 4 monitors on Matrox (only)
>video cards. (Millennium/Millennium II recommended)

I bought MetroX (I think $39) and it is giving me two screens like Win
98 with 2 x Matrox Millennium ll graphics cards. It's not perfect but
their email technical support is very helpful and prompt and has been
*talking* me through it.

Regards.

1. 2x video card; 2x monitor; multiple colors

Hello,

Is there any way I can get Linux to understand that I have two
video cards with on each of them a monitor
attached. I know there are
tools for this, but they only seem to work with the Hercules / VGA
combination. I wanna do it the Windows 98 (sorry) style: full colours,
different resolutions etc....

I don't have any problems booting or so; it
uses by default one of my monitors, only the second one won't
work :(
Kind regards,

Guido Schonkeren

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

2. Betting on Unix

3. hard drive duplication

4. 7500e External Parallel 6X/2X/2X Rewritable Drive

5. Apache + Neowebscript on digital DEC OSF

6. Please help configure my S3 Trio 3D/2X Video card

7. Transfering a file from UNIX to NT

8. is rh6 support AGP 2x video card?

9. S3 Trio 3D/2X Video card and Xserver

10. STB Velocity 4400 AGP 2x Video Card.

11. RH 6.1, s3 trio3d/2x video card

12. X and ATI 8MB Xpert98 AGP 2x Video Card