Connecting 2 X systems together?

Post by ric » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I need some help (info) on how to setup my linux system. Running X. to
be able
to run X application on another system on the network.
I have 6 versions on UNIX so I'm working on the HP system first.

I have X running on both end but need to run X apps from the linux
system running X

Any info would help a lot
Thanks
Pat Miller

Post by BOFHJ » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I need some help (info) on how to setup my linux system. Running X. to
> be able
> to run X application on another system on the network.
> I have 6 versions on UNIX so I'm working on the HP system first.

> I have X running on both end but need to run X apps from the linux
> system running X

> Any info would help a lot
> Thanks
> Pat Miller

If you have a functioning network then you can just telnet into
whichever machine has the app on from the other and run the app with the
parameter -display (YOUR IP ADDRESS):0
and the app will run outputting it's disply to the machine telnetting
in.