Trouble with slocate

Post by Matthew Palm » Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:57:13

It is not required that you crosspost to every single newsgroup with the
word "linux" in it's name - a few select groups would have been less
unpleasant.  I've kept all of the ones on the local news spool because I
don't know which ou actually read.

Michel Dubois is of the opinion:

Quote:>When I type updatedb Ihave an error message like this one:

>Segmentation fault

>so my locate fonction can't be updated......
>I read all the man page, reinstall the package and I think everything
>else, but it doesn't work... Why???

It doesn't work because it's performing an illegal memory access.  It is
caused by a bug is the program.

Upgrade, hassle the program's author or maintainer, or fix it yourself.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer

1. Trouble with slocate

Hy,

When I type updatedb Ihave an error message like this one:

Segmentation fault

so my locate fonction can't be updated......
I read all the man page, reinstall the package and I think everything
else, but it doesn't work... Why???

I need help

Thank in advance

2. How to read a .dvi and .ps file?

3. More@!!.. Panasonic/SB-CD troubles, trouble, trouble...

4. Looking for library

5. Trouble, trouble, trouble - SCSI ?

6. Useful C development tools for AIX?

7. slocate.cron -- path expansion quesion

8. can't locate ip_masq_ftp, RH 7.1

9. Syntax error in slocate.cron shell script

10. slocate-attack ???

11. Newbie: pstree, slocate, mingetty, makewhatis and gawk

12. don't run slocate if just run 5 minutes ago

13. slocate.cron and cron.weekly Errors