Slackware 2.2 and Open View programs

Post by Brad Matthew Garc » Tue, 04 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I just recently upgraded to Slackware 2.2, and now I can't use any
openview programs (textedit, cmdtool, etc.)

The program will start, and all mouse operations work.  But the minute
I press a key on the keyboard, the program crashes and spits out the
following:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range
                                      for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 101
    Value in failed request: 0x0
    Serial number of failed request:  234        <- different each time.
    Current serial number in output stream: 234  <- same as above.

If anyone knows what the problem is, or if you've seen this problem
before, please reply.

--
Brad M. Garcia         "...one of the things that tools can do is to
   ____/  _ _ /  /   /  help bad designers create ghastly designs much

1. Open View/Net Map program for Linux?

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a program out on the net that does
very basic graphic monitoring of a network either through TCP/UDP
or SMTP for Xwindow.  I figure it wouldn't be very hard to create
an application that allowed someone to graphically map out their
network and then be able to select one of the objects that represented
a device or host on the network and configure the program to ping
a host or device and maybe change color if it didn't respond or
whatever.  I'm familiar with HPs Open View Network management
software but I'm not looking for something that comprehensive
a shareware or freeware program has got to be somewhere.

Any info would be appreciated.

Ken Rinehart

San Jose, CA

2. Trouble with PCI SB AWE64

3. What's the matter with Slackware 2.2

4. Open source / UNIX is the only way!!!

5. Slackware 2.2's GCC doesn't link X libs

6. Problems with 'talk'

7. NCR53c810 SCSI problem in Slackware 2.2

8. Screen size as reported by X server

9. AD: Linux CD with Slackware 2.2, $5 shipped

10. Slackware 2.2 question

11. mkinitrd and open caldera 2.2

12. Selling Slackware 2.2

13. slackware 2.2 installation problem: disks not recognized