Help : WD paradise BAHAMAS card

Post by Christian Huwae » Mon, 03 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

Has someone managed to get it running with more than 640x480 256 col ?
If so, please help me...

TIA

Chris
Christian Huwaert (Brussels, Belgium)

1. Slakware 3.0 & WD Paradise Bahamas Video Card

First off, I'm green, 'k?

I just installed Slakware 3.0 in a 486i/32M with a  WD Paradise Bahamas
Video Card (S3 chipset). Now, the XConfig doesn't mention this card by name
(or I'm blind/not looking in the right place), but it does name a lot of
other cards that use the S3.

I don't want to guess which settings to use, and I've never set up X
before--actually, I had a version of RedHat with X, but I didn't do
anything, if you know what I mean. The RedHat install program did it all.

I figure someone out here might be able to tell me exactly where to go (no,
not there...I know the way) to get the info I need.

If it matters, and I'm sure it will, I've got an old Orchestra/Trumpet 14"
SVGA monitor.

Any help I get to successfully install X on my box will result in the
provider receiving my heart-felt thanks, and possibly having me name my
first-born after them, or the pet of their choice.

Thanks in advance.
Vic

2. Netscape 4.5 and Solaris 2.7

3. WD Paradise Bahamas 64 under X Windows

4. wanted - opinions on dangers of daily shutdown of Linux

5. Is a Paradise Bahamas 64 video card worth it?

6. OpenSolaris WorldWide Kick Off Teleconference (fwd)

7. help configuring XFree86 with NEC Versa E (WD/Paradise card)

8. Intranet Newsgroup

9. Need help with WD/Paradise 90C33 Video Card

10. need Xconfig for WD/Paradise value accel. card

11. Paradise Pipeline WD-9710 video card support?

12. WD/Paradise PCI video card

13. Paradise Bahamas 64, anybody using it successfully ?