HELP:Low Res X only. (yes,I've read all the FAQs)

1. I've read/am reading the faq's - but what is a Segmentation fault?

I am reading the faq's as fast as I can, but I would really appreciate a
pointer to information about Segmentation faults.  Every time I try to run
Pico (among others) the system responds with "Segmentation fault".  What
does it mean?  How can i fix it?  Is it in a FAQ?  Which one?

THANKS!!!
Dana
----------

----------
 \ The above does not represent OIT, UNC-CH, laUNChpad, or its other users. /

2. ADSL Modem Supported?

3. Need help with Linux PPP (Yes, I've read the fine materials)

4. ethernet mac address

5. Svgalib Questions (and yes I've read that HOWTO _and_ I'm a newbie)

6. TTL video cards

7. Help, i've read the FAQs!

8. sorting using a string

9. i've read all faqs/docs-still need help with PPP!

10. BackSpace, Delete, Vim (I've read all the FAQ's)

11. I've just been reading the unix FAQ ...

12. Now that I've read the FAQ...

13. Solaris 2.4 memory leak (yes, I read the FAQ :')