Is somebody experienced with Linux & Diamond VIPER P9000 VLB ?

Is somebody experienced with Linux & Diamond VIPER P9000 VLB ?

Post by paul LAUREN » Sat, 02 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello ereverybody,

In my previous mail, I was asking some information about the VIPER P9000 and
Linux.

Now, if somebody already owns a Linux/Diamond VIPER configuration, I would
be very happy to know how it works ??

Does it work well ?
Is it easy or difficult to set up ?

Thank you in advance.

Post by David Keel » Mon, 04 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>Hello ereverybody,

>In my previous mail, I was asking some information about the VIPER P9000 and
>Linux.

>Now, if somebody already owns a Linux/Diamond VIPER configuration, I would
>be very happy to know how it works ??

>Does it work well ?
>Is it easy or difficult to set up ?

>Thank you in advance.

Yes, it works.  You should read the accelerated video card readme files.  I'm
sure they can be found at sunsite.unc.edu or the linux mirrors.  In any case,
you should be able to get it to work in one mode.  You probably won't be
able to get mode switching to work.  So, determinet the mode you want to
use at all times and use that in the display subsection of the XF86Config
file.  Use these settings

option "sw_cursor"
clocks (don't use the clock chip...it probably won't work.  instead use
the frequency associated with the one resolution mode that you want.)
135 works for my setup.  May not work for your monitor.
chipset "vipervlb"
ramdac  "bt465i"  you'll have to look this one up.  I don't
remember what this line reads

This should help.  All the other settings should be self explanatory.
dave

Is somebody experienced with Linux & Diamond VIPER P9000 VLB ?

Post by Christoph Lamet » Tue, 05 Dec 1995 04:00:00

It works here and it works fine. Pretty easy to setup.

: Hello ereverybody,

: In my previous mail, I was asking some information about the VIPER P9000 and
: Linux.

: Now, if somebody already owns a Linux/Diamond VIPER configuration, I would
: be very happy to know how it works ??

: Does it work well ?
: Is it easy or difficult to set up ?

: Thank you in advance.

 Christoph Lameter            FTS Box 466, Pasadena, CA 91182
 Internet Administrator       Who is like Jesus... who is like God...?

1. Diamond Viper P9000 VLB & SVGALib

Has anyone experienced any trobules using things that use SVGAlib? With
my system, whenever I exit anything that uses SVGAlib, I get a blank screen.
THe rest of the system works, I can even run X, and it works fine. If I switch
to a VC out of X, the server returns the screen to its previously screwed up
state.

the P9000 X server works fine.

My basic setup:
        486DX2/80 VLB
        Diamond Viper VLB (w/P900)
        Gravis Ultrasound MAX
        Jurix Linux

--

Nathan Ferch                         | Today's a birthday...
WWW: http://execpc.com/~nferch       | ..they're sucking cigars.

2. 1st OpenLinux 2.2 Installation...

3. Where can I find Diamond VIPER P9000 VLB Linux X drivers ?

4. Linux Users in NorthCentral British Columbia Canada

5. Weitek P9000 - Diamond Viper VLB

6. Where's my memory going?

7. Diamond Viper VLB - P9000/XFree86-3.1 Working

8. NIS PAM and home directories

9. Diamond Viper VLB P9000 Xconfig ??

10. Diamond Viper VLB (P9000)

11. Diamond Viper VLB -- PCI-VLB mixup????

12. P9000 server question (VIPER VLB)