Virtual desktop

Post by Tim Beatti » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I've had an accident - when I was fumbling for the mouse last night, I
accidentally clicked a random menu item in Afterstep, which changed my
virtual desktop from six areas to 24, in four groups of six, labelled
"work", "WWW", "mail", and "games" in the little display in the
upper-right-hand corner of every desktop.  This is a great feature, but
how did I do it, and how do I undo it?

You know, this happened because the menus on my Linux system are so much
faster and more responsive than those on my Windows system.  It takes
some getting used to - an OS without a GrindHardDisk() call in every
procedure ;)

Tim

1. no virtual desktop, still the desktop bigger than the screen

Hi,

I have set up X in Slackware to run in the 800x600 resolution
with no virtual desktop. However when I start X windows, the
desktop is still a little bit bigger than the monitor screen.

It seems that this is not the virtual desktop problem because
the desktop is only *slightly* bigger than the screen, and
there is only one virtual panel available.
The problem disapears when I swith to higher resolution.

What may be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. netbsd on sun 3/xx

3. X desktop resolution and virtual desktop

4. What is flex?

5. no virtual desktop, still the desktop bigger than the screen

6. CMD EIDE driver?

7. Virtual Desktop/No Virtual Setting

8. sym53c416 2.5-bk cli() replacement

9. Virtual Desktops Are Essential

10. Turn off Virtual desktop?

11. resizing virtual desktop

12. Changing Virtual Desktops resolution

13. XDM and Virtual Desktops