fahrenheit provideo 64 - help!

Post by Simon Powe » Mon, 26 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi

Anyone got any experience of setting up xfree86 to run with an Orchid
Fahrenehit VideoPro 64? Any and all reports of success gratefully accepted.

Please respond by email - will summarise to list (if anyone asks me to!)

cheers,

Simon

1. Fahrenheit ProVideo 64??

Anyone know the trick of getting this board to work?

S3 vision 968 VLB
Bt485 RAMDAC
can't recognize any clock generator.
2Mb VRAM

I permuted the reasonable clock chip options after using what superprobe
told me in xf86config got only a blank screen.

Had to put back my generic 805 VLB board, bummer.

I installed Redhat 2.1 and Slakware 3.0 to decide which to really use,
Slakware XMAN prints and empty page for XF86_S3 (although others are there).

Redhat XMAN is missing about all the XF86 manpages.  Its unclear what
"package I left out".

TIA
--wally.

2. 10BaseT > 100m, cable???

3. Orchid Fahreneit ProVideo 64

4. Oracle 6.0 on OpenServer 5??

5. X windows with orchid provideo 64

6. Getting IP address with PPP

7. Need Fahrenheit 64 help...

8. trouble with RH 6.1 and AHA 2940 SCSI

9. Fahrenheit 64 VLB + XFree 3.1

10. Fahrenheit 64, X problem

11. Orchid Fahrenheit 64? S3 864 and bt485 Ramdac

12. XFree86 and Fahrenheit 64 PCI 2MB DRAM

13. Fahrenheit 64 / X problems