Automating program

Post by David Gesswe » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Is there any way to automate an X program so it can run without user
action other than very expensive X GUI testing programs?

The only thing I was able to find in my searching was xtrap from 94 which
looks to be replaced by the xtest extension.  I wasn't able
to find any programs which use the xtest extension.

Thanks,
David Gesswein
http://www.pdp8.net/  -- Old computers with blinken lights

Automating program

Post by Doug Mut » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Is there any way to automate an X program so it can run without user
> action other than very expensive X GUI testing programs?

        How about cron?  Type "man crontab" for more information.

Automating program

Post by Marc aux Cerceau » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

David Gesswein a crit :

Quote:

--

Mohicanies libres et sans frontires

http://hello.to/mohicanie

If you use Gnome, in the Gnome-control panel there is a menu item where
you can specify wich programs you want at startup.