Setting VPE on integrated Trident CyberBlade/i1 for use with integrated RealMagic EM8470 (re: NetStream 2000)

1. Trident CyberBlade i1 with XFree86 4.1.0

Hi,

I have problems getting my Compaq Evo N150 (which has a CyberBlade i1
graphics adapter) to run with XFree86 4.1.0-16. I have the latest debian
stable release (woody 3.0.23).

I have installed the following x-packages, all of them are 4.1.0-16 (+
additional packages automatically added due to dependencies):

xfree86-common
xserver-xfree86
xserver-common
xfonts-base
xfonts-100dpi
xfonts-75dpi
xfonts-cyrillic
xbase-clients
xutils

I always get the following when trying to run startx:

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

Updating my kernel to 2.4.18-686 didn't help either.

I also tried to install the packages xfs and xftt, no change.

My graphics adapter is recognized properly as "CyberBlade/DSTN/i1". It is
supported by the "trident" driver of xserver-xfree86 as described under:

http://www.xfree86.org/4.1.0/Status33.html#33

If anybody is interested in either the XF86Config-4 or XFree86.0.log file,
you can download them
under:

http://www.pedram-azad.de/XF86Config-4
http://www.pedram-azad.de/XFree86.0.log

I think my problem doesn't really have to do with fonts but is a bug in one
of the packages xfree86-common, xserver-xfree86 or xserver-common. I read in
deja.com that the above error message might be related to having not enough
space in /var/tmp, well, I have more than 50 MB left, that should be
enough...

Has anybody experienced the same problems?

Any help appreciated.

Pedram

2. Help:Create kernel thread in Solaris

3. XFree86 4.0.1 & Presario 1600XL (Trident Cyberblade i1)

4. Help me

5. trident cyberblade i1 (51)

6. How to add a DAT SCSI drive on Solaris 2.6 ???

7. Antialiasing possible on SIS 630 or Trident Cyberblade i1?

8. App to shadow a dir tree?

9. FB error with trident CyberBlade/i1

10. X problem with Trident CyberBlade i1 on a laptop

11. EPIA-800 Trident Cyberblade-I1 TV-Out?

12. Cyberblade (MVP4 integrated video) display problems

13. Integrate OSes into Windows NT and 2000