NEC 3FGx: Horizontal OK, Vertical only 2/3

NEC 3FGx: Horizontal OK, Vertical only 2/3

Post by Eric Sim » Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Trying to find the correct numbers for modeline for 800x600. Screen
looks very good; only problem is that I can't get the height to go
more than two-thirds. Originally the horizontal was the same; I used
Xvidtune to stretch it - worked fine. However, I could only stretch
the vertical direction a couple of increments, and then all it does is
beep at me. (I also stretched as much as possible using the knobs.)

I can't find NEC MultiSync 3FGx in "Monitors" document.
I have used H:32-49 and V:55-90 (from NEC web-site).

If anyone knows of where I can get the "Monitors" settings
for 3FGx, or can give a hint why Xvidtune beeps and refuses
to stretch, it would be appreciated.

--- Eric

--
Eric Simms

NEC 3FGx: Horizontal OK, Vertical only 2/3

Post by Eric Sim » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

The following seems to work:

Modeline "800x600" 40 800 860 988 1060  600 601 605 624 +hsync +vsync

I ran xf86config, which produced a XF86Config file which did not work,
but had more Modeline statements than I got from SaX. I then used the
800x600 Modeline which seemed to fit the 32-49 range for my monitor;
it was not perfect but was a good starting point.

I copied that Modeline into the XF86Config which had been produced
by SaX, and then used Xvidtune.

--- Eric

>Trying to find the correct numbers for modeline for 800x600. Screen
>looks very good; only problem is that I can't get the height to go
>more than two-thirds. Originally the horizontal was the same; I used
>Xvidtune to stretch it - worked fine. However, I could only stretch
>the vertical direction a couple of increments, and then all it does is
>beep at me. (I also stretched as much as possible using the knobs.)
>I can't find NEC MultiSync 3FGx in "Monitors" document.
>I have used H:32-49 and V:55-90 (from NEC web-site).
>If anyone knows of where I can get the "Monitors" settings
>for 3FGx, or can give a hint why Xvidtune beeps and refuses
>to stretch, it would be appreciated.
>--- Eric
>--
>Eric Simms

Eric Simms

1. Vertical/Horizontal Sync Range for DELL HS1000 Monitor

Hi,

I am installing Redhat Linux 5.2 to my newly-bought DELL XPS
PIII T/500. When I installed X server, I couldn't find the
DELL HS1000(Trinitron) monitor from the list. So I had to
specify the vertical and horizontal sync range myself.
Problem is the monitor manual doesn't tell anything about
the parameters. Finally I randomly picked 50-100 for both horizontal
and vertical sync range, which i think reasonable. It appears
to be working, but will it damage my monitor? I dont know.

Anybody has knowledge about what the correct setting
should be?

-Ting

2. Sparc install problem

3. horizontal lines into vertical lines

4. Matrox driver for Linux

5. How to get horizontal and vertical frame lengths for monitors?

6. mirroring an html directory

7. Request for help: How to extract data & convert vertical to horizontal info

8. Netscape API documentation

9. Horizontal and vertical timing and Mhz

10. how to change monitors Vertical and Horizontal frequency settings

11. changing horizontal and vertical scan rates

12. Transpose data from horizontal to vertical

13. Vertical and Horizontal refresh rates for modem