KDE2 and Mouse scroll

Post by NTK » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 07:30:10

Hi,

Where does KDE2 start 'imwheel' for mouse scroll?  Before the installation
of KDE2, I had 'imwheel' running and mouse scroll was fine(actually it's
fine in other window manager, i.e. Xfce).  But, after KDE2, the scroll
jumps by a page in such apps as Konquerer, however it's fine in Netscape.

It seems like that KDE2 automatically start 'imwheel' or something similar
without checking if it's running already(in the imwheel man page, it says
if more than one imwheel process is running simultaneously, it might have
unexpected behaviour). So I check all running 'imwheel' processes by
doing 'ps -ef|grep wheel', but there is only one 'imwheel' running.  If I
kill it, the mouse scroll in Konquerer becomes normail, but the mouse
scroll in Netscape is gone.  So my guess is that KDE is starting up
something that's conflicting with 'imwheel' which I added in.

Anyone has similar experience and solution?

THX

KDE2 and Mouse scroll

Post by Chris Fiel » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:39:07

This is just a wild guess(i have not tried this myself) but, see if editing
the imwheelrc file in etc/X11 and commenting out all the kde stuff helps.

Quote:> Hi,

> Where does KDE2 start 'imwheel' for mouse scroll?  Before the installation
> of KDE2, I had 'imwheel' running and mouse scroll was fine(actually it's
> fine in other window manager, i.e. Xfce).  But, after KDE2, the scroll
> jumps by a page in such apps as Konquerer, however it's fine in Netscape.

> It seems like that KDE2 automatically start 'imwheel' or something similar
> without checking if it's running already(in the imwheel man page, it says
> if more than one imwheel process is running simultaneously, it might have
> unexpected behaviour). So I check all running 'imwheel' processes by
> doing 'ps -ef|grep wheel', but there is only one 'imwheel' running.  If I
> kill it, the mouse scroll in Konquerer becomes normail, but the mouse
> scroll in Netscape is gone.  So my guess is that KDE is starting up
> something that's conflicting with 'imwheel' which I added in.

> Anyone has similar experience and solution?

> THX

> --

1. KDE2 and Mouse scroll

Hi,
[...]

2. Installing SCO on Win95 machine??

3. xterm scrolling question => how to get automatic scrolling with mouse?

4. Awk?

5. Scroll Mouse not scrolling

6. Ctrl C in a script

7. 4D+ Scrolling Mouse (Scroll FX) by Micro

8. Slowing down the scsi bus

9. Scroll function of scroll mouse under XWindow

10. xterm scrolling question => how to get automatic scrolling with mouse?

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. Konqueror, scrolling, and black scrolled portions of the screen.

13. IBM 3-button scroll mouse