Cirrus Logic chips solutions for X!!!!!

Post by Chris Szilagy » Sun, 21 Dec 1997 04:00:00

After hours and hours of headaches trying to get X-windows to run on my
laptop, I finally found a XF86Config file that works on a great site
that has all sorts of XF86Config files for various laptops that have the
Cirrus Logic chips!!  I have noticed many many people are having
problems getting X-windows to run on laptops with these chips, so I
thought it would be helpful to post this site to everybody:

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/xfree86_cirrus.html

Good Luck!
Chris Szilagyi

Cirrus Logic chips solutions for X!!!!!

Post by kid » Mon, 22 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Try Accelerated X 4.1 for Laptops.  It *ing rules.
You can usually get it from #linuxwarez on EFnet in IRC.

> After hours and hours of headaches trying to get X-windows to run on my
> laptop, I finally found a XF86Config file that works on a great site
> that has all sorts of XF86Config files for various laptops that have the
> Cirrus Logic chips!!  I have noticed many many people are having
> problems getting X-windows to run on laptops with these chips, so I
> thought it would be helpful to post this site to everybody:

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Good Luck!
> Chris Szilagyi

1. Cirrus Logic chips solutions that work!!!

After hours and hours of headaches trying to get X-windows to run on my
laptop, I finally found a XF86Config file that works!!! I found it on a
great site
that has all sorts of XF86Config files for various laptops that have the

Cirrus Logic chips!!  I have noticed many many people are having
problems getting X-windows to run on laptops with these chips, so I
thought it would be helpful to post this site to everybody:

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/xfree86_cirrus.html

Good Luck!
Chris Szilagyi

2. TCP/IP connectivity for NT and Linux

3. Cirrus Logic chip sets

4. TV in windows under Linux anyone??

5. HELP send XF86Config XConfig files for Cirrus Logic CL-GD5424 chip VGA

6. Linux 2.5.5-dj2

7. Xwin with cirrus logic 5446 chip?

8. Passing VARS between Shells

9. Xconfig file for Cirrus Logic 5428 chip/ViewSonic 6e monitor.

10. X with Cirrus Logic 7548 graphic chip

11. cirrus logic 7543 chip set

12. Cirrus Logic 5428 Chip

13. Cirrus Logic CL-GD5424 Chip and XF_86