MPEG decoder for Linux ?

Post by Bastian Wetz » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I am looking for a MPEG decoder card for Linux. mpeg_play seems to slow for
352x240x30 and it can`t handle sound yet.

How are system requirements (CPU,RAM) and what X-server will I have to use ?

How will the API for something like this look like ? Does X provide a standard
way to play video and/or audio ?

Any hints welcome !

Bastian

MPEG decoder for Linux ?

Post by Bastian Wetz » Sun, 23 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I am looking for a MPEG decoder card for Linux. mpeg_play seems to slow for
352x240x30 and it can`t handle sound yet.

How are system requirements (CPU,RAM) and what X-server will I have to use ?

How will the API for something like this look like ? Does X provide a standard
way to play video and/or audio ?

Any hints welcome !

Bastian

1. any experience with Stadis MPEG Decoders under Linux?

I have a Stradis SM250 Professional MPEG decoder that I use under Windows 98 and
Linux. There is an free, open driver for Linux available at
http://mpeg.openprojects.net. Unfortunately, I have been having trouble getting
it to operate, and I was wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences with
it.

When I run "modprobe stradis", I get the result:

i2c[0]: 000040
i2c[1]: 000040
i2c[2]: 000040
i2c[3]: 000040
i2c[4]: 000040
i2c[5]: 000040
i2ca0 = 1a10f40

When I run "loadcard 0", I get this result:

/etc/stradis/Decoder2.bit 0 5372
ioctl: Invalid argument
stradis0: IBM config failed
/etc/stradis/Decoder.aud 2 16896
ioctl: Invalid argument

Using parsempeg does not give any visible output to my video monitor connect to
the Stradis card, as it does under windows. Also, I installed "tvset" for X and
parsempeg did not operate using that, either (though neither did it return any
errors).

Does anyone have any advice regarding getting the board to operate or any other
experiences with the Stradis MPEG decoder under Linux?

-Dean

--
Dean Christakos

2. looking for mandrake standard c++ library

3. Hardware mpeg decoder under linux?

4. BSD ISP Scripts

5. MPEG-1 video/audio encoder/decoder for Linux (command line, redhat) needed!

6. Matrox AGP 8MB video card

7. Looking for MPEG-2 decoder (PCI card) working in Linux

8. problems with new kernel & deamons

9. MPEG-2 Decoder Cards for Linux

10. Hardware MPEG decoders supported by LINUX ?

11. MPEG hardware decoders under Linux

12. MPEG-2 decoder (PCI card) for Linux

13. MPEG-2 Linux Decoders