X starts and sometimes X dosent start ... Why?

X starts and sometimes X dosent start ... Why?

Post by Devon Caine » Mon, 04 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hey guys.. problem
I've just configured Xf86
startx sometimes shows me the xclock ( and sometimes the defaut
xterms) then quits.... on other ocations startx works jsut fine.
Even here however I get malloc errors... (this I can understand
as Im running on only 8Megs RAM....

Any ideas as to why the iratic behaviour

TIA
DC
C'ing is leaving the BASICS behind                             |

X starts and sometimes X dosent start ... Why?

Post by Devon Caine » Tue, 05 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Thanks Jeff  Ronne ----

        answer
        swap space not correctly configured. After reconfiguring
        everything worked like a charm

DC
C'ing is leaving the BASICS behind                                      |

1. ET4000 starts X sometimes, sometimes just black screen

Hi

I have recently downloaded the XF86_W32_gendac server and am trying that as I
had no luck with the standard W32 driver.  I am running Slackware 3.1.2.  The
server occasionally starts up visible but usually a black screen comes up. Even
if I leave the config file alone, running "startx" over and over will
eventually work, but the next time it probably won't. When I run SuperProbe, it
tells me I have a Music MU9C4910 Ramdac, which doesn't appear on the list in
xf86config.  Finally on the rare occasion that the X server will start up some
of the palette colors are usually wrong ie if I start a color X-term, the text
and background are both white, etc.  Anyone with a solution pls post or email
me.

Thanks

Dan

2. Bizarre CDROM problem: No Audio ...

3. Why does ipppd start a connection when I start an app?

4. statically bound "route" command

5. newbie problem: Kde dosent start..

6. ThinkPad 755CD / XFree86 Setup

7. XWindows starts and starts and starts!!!

8. dvd drive driving me crazy

9. sometimes I get AnotherLevel, sometimes fvwm .... why??

10. why does kde sometimes install to /opt/kde, and sometimes to /usr/local/kde?

11. networking fails to start sometimes.

12. System hangs sometimes on start up...

13. X only starts thru xdm....sometimes....