Seeing and using NT GUI from Linux

Post by Scot » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Here is the scenario: I have two computers - a Linux box (this is my
primary
system) and another computer with NT on it - both are networked
together. What I would like to beable to do is from my Linux box, beable
to see and "control" WinNT - similar
to the way you can "remotely" control one Unix box from a second using X
(or use Exceed on NT to see and control a Unix box).

Scott Petinga

Post by Jeff F » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Here is the scenario: I have two computers - a Linux box (this is my
>primary
>system) and another computer with NT on it - both are networked
>together. What I would like to beable to do is from my Linux box, beable
>to see and "control" WinNT - similar
>to the way you can "remotely" control one Unix box from a second using X
>(or use Exceed on NT to see and control a Unix box).
>Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

You are in luck!
Check out VNC. It will allow you to see the NT box from Linux or Linux
box from NT. It has clients for many platforms. And like all good
things its free!

http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/

1. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

Why is everyone comparing whatever operating system with NT?

*     / - -                           /-----/ /                          *
*    /____  /   / /----/ /----/      /       /     /----/ /---/ /----/   *
*        / / / / /----/ /----/      /       /---/ /----/ /   / /----/    *
*   ___ / /_/_/ /____  /____       /_____/ /   / /____  /   /  ____/     *

---
 t MR/2 t

2. Multiple file systems on one tape...again

3. Linux - NT ppp using analogue line (null modem driver on nt)

4. perl5.6.1

5. Mail betwen linux don′t work

6. NT 4 and Linux using the NT bootloader

7. elxl0 no active connection found. Please connect ??????

8. How can I set a Linux computer to be seen on a NT domain without DNS ?

9. Linux Seeing NT Drives

10. GUI has seen its day.

11. Anyone seen GUI Administration for a News Server?

12. new net hardware not seen by Fecora Core 4 config GUI