can't resolve symbol '__xstat' when starting netscape

Post by Steve Hadfiel » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> I installed RedHat 5.0 and then Netscape Communicator, attempted both
> RedHat's rpms and the tar ball from Netscape.  In either case I get the
> error

> can't resolve '__xstat'

> when trying to run netscape.  I am running 2.0.34 and am not sure what
> other info would be helpful.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Let me know of info from my setup that may be helpful in determining
> problem.

> Thanks!

Here's a response I got on the question, though I haven't had the
opportunity to try it yet.

Upgrade your libc5 (5.4.38 works for me) and make sure that
/usr/X11R6/lib is before /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib in ld.so.conf

I hope it works, Steve

Post by T'kri » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> > I installed RedHat 5.0 and then Netscape Communicator, attempted both
> > RedHat's rpms and the tar ball from Netscape.  In either case I get the
> > error

> > can't resolve '__xstat'

> > when trying to run netscape.  I am running 2.0.34 and am not sure what
> > other info would be helpful.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Let me know of info from my setup that may be helpful in determining
> > problem.

> > Thanks!

> Here's a response I got on the question, though I haven't had the
> opportunity to try it yet.

> Upgrade your libc5 (5.4.38 works for me) and make sure that
> /usr/X11R6/lib is before /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib in ld.so.conf

> I hope it works, Steve

  for everyone's info, i installed libc 5.4.44 and then reinstalled netscape
communicator and everything worked great.

T'krin

1. can't resolve symbol '__xstat'

I recently re-installed my system from scratch (redhat 5.1, kernel 2.0.35,
and KDE). Since the re-installation I can not run some X application like
netscape or "mxaudio" for example...

I Always get the message "can't resolve symbol '__xstat'".

Anybody have an idea where to look for that problem ?

Maxime Cayen
http://maxime.ml.org

2. custom backdrop

3. rlogin fails : can't resolve symbol '__xstat'

4. FAT-32 support for linux

5. Netatalk: 'afpd' reports unresolved symbol '__xstat'

6. I love Linux not Yggdrasil Fall'94

7. starting kde can't resolve symbol '__ti7QWidget'

8. lilo versions

9. xemacs start error: can't resolve symbol '__sigsetjmp'

10. Netscape 3.0x and 'Can't resolve symbol'

11. netscape: can't resolve symbol 'XkbLookupKeySym'

12. Communicator: "netscape: can't resolve symbol '__eprintf'"

13. netscape: can't resolve symbol 'XkbLookupKeySym'