Screwy fonts in X

Post by Victor L. Havar » Fri, 22 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone had a problem with unreadable fonts in XFree86 v3.1.2?  All modes work fine (i.e.
1024x768, 800x600, 640x480) and the window borders, etc. are crisp and clear, but the fonts
are completely unreadable no matter which font I use.  If I use twm I the popup window is
beautiful until I run the pointer down the menu, when the light bar passes over a word it
becomes unreadable just like all the rest.  I'm running a Diamond Stealth SE (an S3 chipset)
and have no other problems that I've seen.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Victor L. Havard, Technical Webmaster
American Airlines/SDT

1. screwy font scaling with tt fonts

I have this same exact problem on every computer I have recently put
true type fonts on.

Here's a screen shot
http://tempestgames.com/ryan/fuckedupfonts.png

Half the fonts are huge, and some are way tinier than they should be.
All the fonts that are the correct size are not ttf fonts.  I have
looked everywhere and cannot find anything out about this.  I have
installed ttf fonts from multiple sources, tried different versions of
freetype2, compiled X4.2 against different versions of freetype2,
compiled X4.2 with the version of freetype2 included with it, etc.

tia,
Ryan

2. squid on SCO 5.0?

3. Xinerama has made my Mozilla fonts go screwy!

4. Help for dynamic link library

5. FONTS FONTS AND MORE FONTS

6. X Questions

7. FONTS FONTS FONTS... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!

8. Need help on this one!

9. all my devices are screwy!

10. Screwy VNC display - ScrewyVNC.pdf (0/2)

11. Screwy Sendmail - Please HELP!!!

12. Permissions Screwy after RH 7.2 and EXT3 migration....help!

13. mc is screwy after 1.3.57 upgr (NOT "linux" termcap entry)