Diamond Speedstar with Gateway2000 crystal scan

Diamond Speedstar with Gateway2000 crystal scan

Post by zachary bro » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I'm using a plain diamond speedstar (not plus) with a gateway2000 crystal
scan monitor. Will someone who's gotten good resolution out of this thing
please give me your config file and some instructions? I've managed to get
640x480 but the monitor dies and I have to turn it off and on again to use
X. But I haven't done much with the config file as I don't know much about
it, even though I've tried to understand the docs.

I'll be very very grateful for any help.

Zack

1. xconfig for diamond speedstar and crystal scan monitor needed.

I'm running linux on my 386/25 with 8 megs ram.
I have a 14-inch crystal scan monitor.
I have a diamond speedstar VGA vers 3.23
1MB display mem installed
Phoenix 80386 ROM BIOS PLUS ver. 1.1 M11

I'd like to run xfree86. If anyone's got it to work on such a system,
please send me your xconfig file.

I'll take any color/resolution that works. I've tried to set up generic
xconfigs, but the monitor dies. Admittedly I don't have a silicon thumb.
Please help. I'm scared to poke around too much because of all the
warnings about damaging the hardware.

Thanks for any help.

lovitlovit
The internet, GNU, libraries and fire departments are good.

2. Linux Router vs. Cisco 2500

3. Diamond SpeedStar+ and Gateway 2000 Crystal Scan

4. microdyne NE-2000 comp cards

5. Xconfig for WD90c33 and Gateway2000 Crystal Scan 1776LE

6. problem with capslock (caps lock)

7. Help with XF86Config (Gateway2000/Crystal Scan 1024NI/ATI Ultra)

8. booter 1.2.9 && 1.2.9a not booting mklinux with vm on

9. Diamond: Speedstar vs. Speedstar 24 vs Speedstar 24X

10. XFree86 3.1 & Diamond Viper VLB/Crystal Scan monitor

11. xf86config for a diamond 64 and Crystal Scan 1024NI

12. Diamond SpeedSTAR VGA vers. 3.23 and 14" Crystal scan monitor on 3 year old Gateway 2000

13. Xconfig Help with Diamond Stealth 24 and a Mitsubishi Diamond Scan 17FS