ATI 3D Turbo Pro PC2TV and XFree86

Post by D. Draege » Mon, 10 May 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone gotten this combination to work?  I have read the posts about the
other cards but this still doesn't work.  I'm running a fresh install (1 day
old) of RedHat 6.0 which includes XFree86 3.3.3.1   I have a Sony CPD-15SX1
monitor.  Both my card and the monitor are listed in the hardware list for
setting up the X config, but I still get a blank screen when I go to run the
server.  It detects the right card and everything and installed the Mach64
server.  I also tried the ChipID 0x4754 and ChipRev 0x01 trick but it still
doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

--

Dave Draeger

ATI 3D Turbo Pro PC2TV and XFree86

Post by tda.. » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

I have this working right now.  One problem I did run into was the TV
ouput being enabled.  If you have a TV connected, try disconnecting
it.  If this isn't your problem and want my setup, drop me a line and
I'll get more info for you.

Tim

Quote:>Has anyone gotten this combination to work?  I have read the posts about the
>other cards but this still doesn't work.  I'm running a fresh install (1 day
>old) of RedHat 6.0 which includes XFree86 3.3.3.1   I have a Sony CPD-15SX1
>monitor.  Both my card and the monitor are listed in the hardware list for
>setting up the X config, but I still get a blank screen when I go to run the
>server.  It detects the right card and everything and installed the Mach64
>server.  I also tried the ChipID 0x4754 and ChipRev 0x01 trick but it still
>doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

>--

>Dave Draeger
>University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign

ATI 3D Turbo Pro PC2TV and XFree86

Post by D. Draege » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

Ok, I finally got this to work.... thanx to help from a couple of people.
It turns out that I am able to turn the TV output on and off but XFree86
doesn't know how to handle things when it is on, so I just turned it off
using the windows 95/98 ATI driver and it then worked in linux!  Thanx for
the help.

--

Dave Draeger

Quote:> Has anyone gotten this combination to work?  I have read the posts about
the
> other cards but this still doesn't work.  I'm running a fresh install (1
day
> old) of RedHat 6.0 which includes XFree86 3.3.3.1   I have a Sony
CPD-15SX1
> monitor.  Both my card and the monitor are listed in the hardware list for
> setting up the X config, but I still get a blank screen when I go to run
the
> server.  It detects the right card and everything and installed the Mach64
> server.  I also tried the ChipID 0x4754 and ChipRev 0x01 trick but it
still
> doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

> --

> Dave Draeger
> University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign

1. ATI 3D PRO TURBO PC2TV & 3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV

Hi.

I'd like to hear of what kind of expieriences people have had with
these cards using XF86 or other X servers.

I'm planning to run RH Linux 4.0, and I'd like to run truecolor or
hicolor at 1280x1024. Does anyone have any comment on screen refresh
rates? Anything less than 76Hz is unusable IMO. According to ATI, the
3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV can do 90Hz, and I assume the PRO TURBO card can
do the same.

The questions are:

1) Can XF86 (or others) do 76Hz or better in 1280x1024 true/hicolor?
2) Can XF86 (or others) take advantage of 4/8MB of ram for larger
   virtual desktops, pixmap/font buffers, or whatever?

Thanks in advance.

        Haakon Rydland

2. Interesting ipchains/lpd problem (solved)

3. Is ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV suooprted by XFree86

4. Pretend I'm a serial printer??

5. ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV - Please Help

6. Setting up CVS over TCP/IP

7. ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV / X problems

8. Anyone using Matrox MGA(successfully)??

9. XF86Setup (3.2A) & ATI 3D PRO TURBO PC2TV 8MB ?

10. ATI 3D pro turbo PC2TV

11. Help - Susex Server for ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV

12. *** HELP *** ATI 3D PRO TURBO PC2TV + 8MB SGRAM

13. ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV setup