refresh rate 85hz in windows but only 75 in linux?

refresh rate 85hz in windows but only 75 in linux?

Post by max barwel » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:37:41

I have an AOC 19" flatscreen, with an sis 730 on board graphics card, i am
using kernel 2.4.20, and Xfree 86 v.4.2.1.

linux, only at 75hz, is this because the vid card driver is not perfect,
or is it the monitor, correct refresh rates are in the x configuration
file, 30-95, and 50-160.

how can i make the refresh rate higher?

regards max

Post by J.O. Ah » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 22:12:08

> I have an AOC 19" flatscreen, with an sis 730 on board graphics card, i am
> using kernel 2.4.20, and Xfree 86 v.4.2.1.

> linux, only at 75hz, is this because the vid card driver is not perfect,
> or is it the monitor, correct refresh rates are in the x configuration
> file, 30-95, and 50-160.

Most liekly that the driver aren't "perfect". You could try to update the XF
to version 4.3, there has been major updates on many drivers, which could make
it to work better with higher refreshrates.

  //Aho

refresh rate 85hz in windows but only 75 in linux?

Post by Bob » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 02:32:55

On 03/29/03 08:12 J.O. Aho spoke thusly

>> I have an AOC 19" flatscreen, with an sis 730 on board graphics card,
>> i am
>> using kernel 2.4.20, and Xfree 86 v.4.2.1.

>> linux, only at 75hz, is this because the vid card driver is not perfect,
>> or is it the monitor, correct refresh rates are in the x configuration
>> file, 30-95, and 50-160.

> Most liekly that the driver aren't "perfect". You could try to update
> the XF to version 4.3, there has been major updates on many drivers,
> which could make it to work better with higher refreshrates.

>  //Aho

I could never figure out how to set the refresh rate for a specific
resolution.
It just work well so I haven't really investigated.

--
Sent from Mozilla and GNU/Linux.