backspace does delete not backspace

Post by Stefan Magdalinsk » Wed, 10 May 1995 04:00:00

put the following line in your .xinitrc

xmodmap -e " keycode 22 = BackSpace "

Stefan Magdalinski

1. how to set backspace as backspace, not delete?

Hi,

I'm a relatively new user of linux, so please forgive me if this is a
stupid question.

I've noticed in certain X applications, like netscape and xwpe, that my
backspace key works only as a delete key in dialog boxes, etc.

This is a real pain -- how do I map the backspace key to do backspacing?

Thanks,

Cesar Farell

2. "Boot Failed" quoth the kernel

3. backspace and delete keys do not function under RH7

4. pstoedit

5. Backspace not deleting...

6. Commonwave modem, multiwave innovasion,co.

7. vi/vedit: backspace and delete not behaving from X-server PC when in

8. source line kernel debugger for unix?

9. Delete/BackSpace not working in openwin?

10. Delete and Backspace not functioning

11. can not use backspace and delete key

12. backspace in X vs backspace in console

13. Can the BackSpace key send an ASCII Backspace (^H)?