Installing Type 1 Fonts

Post by Zed Drui » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

 I'm trying to install BaKoma Type 1 postscript fonts. AFAIK one should
copy the files (in pfb format for example) to a directory then do a
mkfontdir and then modify the path of search of font using xset. The
problem is that when run mkfontdir the files fonts.dir and fonts.alias
are not created. Actually fonts.dir is created but with just a "0"
within. I don't know what I'm missing or is it that Type 1 fonts are not
installed that way?
Any help will be appreciated, thanks

---sram

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Installing Type 1 Fonts

Post by Alex Deuche » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:47:44

I think you have to type:

mkfontdir -o fonts.dir
and then symlink fonts.scale to fonts.dir or type:
mkfontdir -o fonts.scale

Alex

> Hi,

>  I'm trying to install BaKoma Type 1 postscript fonts. AFAIK one should
> copy the files (in pfb format for example) to a directory then do a
> mkfontdir and then modify the path of search of font using xset. The
> problem is that when run mkfontdir the files fonts.dir and fonts.alias
> are not created. Actually fonts.dir is created but with just a "0"
> within. I don't know what I'm missing or is it that Type 1 fonts are not
> installed that way?
> Any help will be appreciated, thanks

> ---sram

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. True Type Fonts to PostScript Type 1

Does anyone know where to get the ttf2pt1
package from?

Thanks
Jeremy Maccelari
Visual Numerics (Pty) Ltd
Mail: P. O. Box 11033  Street: 9 Pannevis Road
      Vorna Valley             Vorna Valley
      1686                     1686
      R.S.A.                   R.S.A.
Tel: +27-11-466-0319
Fax: +27-11-466-0320

2. kelp with a kernel panic

3. Installing True Type Fonts on TRU64 4.0F

4. HP DeskJet 1600C

5. Converting/Installing True Type fonts to/under X

6. compiler error??

7. True Type Font Setup: Fonts Look Bold on Edges

8. Matrox Millenium X server?

9. installing & using true type fonts with suse 6.4, kde gui and netscape 4.72

10. Type 1 font install problem

11. converting Adobe Type Basic font names to X11 font names

12. Installing and using Type 1 fonts on Solaris 2.6

13. Tools for converting TrueType or Type 1 fonts to common X font formats