SummaSketch MM1201, XInput, and X Windows

SummaSketch MM1201, XInput, and X Windows

Post by Demosthene » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm having a devil of a time getting my MM1201 working as a pointer
device in X. I've compiled the newest version of XFree86 (3.3.2) with
all XInput enabled. I'm loading the xf86Summa.o in my config file, it
attempts to talk to the device, and fails.
The dos mouse drivers for the tablet work, and I can verify position,
etc.
In linux, it stops at trying to read a firmware ID.
I got a modified copy of the XInput module that someone changed to work
with a CalComp pad in SummaSketch emulation mode, and it skips the
firmware ID check. But, when I do enable it with xsetpointer, the mouse
moves around backwards in relation to the screen, and the pointer only
moves while I have a button pressed.

This is getting quite frustrating ;] Anyone out there with a similar
configuration that WORKS, please, gimme a yell on this newsgroup. I'll
be monitoring for the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance!

        Demo

Post by Hilari » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I'm having a devil of a time getting my MM1201 working as a pointer
>device in X. I've compiled the newest version of XFree86 (3.3.2) with
>all XInput enabled. I'm loading the xf86Summa.o in my config file, it
>attempts to talk to the device, and fails.
>The dos mouse drivers for the tablet work, and I can verify position,
>etc.
>In linux, it stops at trying to read a firmware ID.

And I thought I was the only one.  I don't think anybody's
Summasketch works with XFree, despite the documentation.

If anybody mails you, puweeze tell the rest of us the magic
incantations.  I've done everything I could to no avail.