startx report mouse conflict...

Post by Edwin van Geel » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

When I use startx, I get an error message about the mouse being already in
use. By coincidence I discovered that after running S20reboot, it does work.
Still, this should not be. Could it be something to do with GPM running? That
used to be no problem with Slackware 2.0.33.
I'm now running S.u.S.E. 5.3 and it is a problem. Any solutions?

P.S. Due to my unreliable news feed, I'd appreciate replies (also) via e-mail:

Thanks,
Edwin

Post by trea.. » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,

>When I use startx, I get an error message about the mouse being already in
>use. By coincidence I discovered that after running S20reboot, it does work.
>Still, this should not be. Could it be something to do with GPM running? That
>used to be no problem with Slackware 2.0.33.
>I'm now running S.u.S.E. 5.3 and it is a problem. Any solutions?

>P.S. Due to my unreliable news feed, I'd appreciate replies (also) via e-mail:

>Thanks,
>Edwin

I've just upgraded to Suse 5.3 and have had it happen to me also...I
found that if you go back into YAST and set up the ouse again,
everything will be ok.

Mike

startx report mouse conflict...

Post by trea.. » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>>Hi,

>>When I use startx, I get an error message about the mouse being already in
>>use. By coincidence I discovered that after running S20reboot, it does work.
>>Still, this should not be. Could it be something to do with GPM running? That
>>used to be no problem with Slackware 2.0.33.
>>I'm now running S.u.S.E. 5.3 and it is a problem. Any solutions?

>>P.S. Due to my unreliable news feed, I'd appreciate replies (also) via e-mail:

>>Thanks,
>>Edwin

>I've just upgraded to Suse 5.3 and have had it happen to me also...I
>found that if you go back into YAST and set up the ouse again,
>everything will be ok.

>Mike

It's me again!

ARe you having problems cutting and pasting with the mouse?

I set up the mouse uysing GPM, etc, but i find that when I highlight a
section of text, I cannot "paste" it eslewhere.

Is anyone else having that problem???