Troubles at runtime with calloc under lesstif-0.82/RH5.0/2.0.34 Kernel]

Post by James G. Stallings I » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

[ Attached Message ]

Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 19:08:23 +0000
Subject: [newbie question] Troubles at runtime with calloc under lesstif-0.82/RH5.0/2.0.34 Kernel
Hello.

Yesterday I got lesstif compiled and installed on my redhat hurricane
system. I did not use an rpm or srpm, but compiled it from the sources
using autoconf, etc..

I've had some good fortune getting things to compile (I did a really
crude app with a quit button and associated callback function).

I then moved on to something slightly more complex, a sort of menu
framework using some code from the MIS Press book "Power Programming...
MOTIF" by E. Johnson and K. Richard as reference material. The code does
very little, setting up a MainWindow with a MenuBar connected to several
dialogs.

The program compiles and links fine (thanks to the folks at the lesstif
developement list for their help and patience with my misdirected
posts), but when I attempt to execute I get the following message:

Error: Cannot perform calloc

Using xxgdb I traced this into the lesstif code at XmCreateMenuBar.

Anyone have any suggestions?