XFree86 4.0.3 on Dell Latitude Xpi 133st

XFree86 4.0.3 on Dell Latitude Xpi 133st

Post by Steven Shapi » Thu, 31 May 2001 13:24:01

I've installed Red Hat 7.1 (with XFree86 4.0.3) on an Dell Latitude XPi P133ST
(NeoMagic 2070 video controller) but I'm having some problems with the display
under X.  When I move a window it does not refresh properly (although anything
below the window does refresh properly).  Also, when I move the mouse to about
an inch from the right edge of the screen a small white square appears under
the mouse cursor and a vertical line of moving white dots also appears.  I've
played with the XF86Config-4 file, but I have not been able to remedy the
problem.  Although, I have not been able to find the horizontal or
vertical sync rates for the laptop screen, so I've been shooting in the
dark.  Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Steven.

XFree86 4.0.3 on Dell Latitude Xpi 133st

Post by 3F » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 13:40:52

Quote:> I've installed Red Hat 7.1 (with XFree86 4.0.3) on an Dell Latitude XPi P133ST
> (NeoMagic 2070 video controller) but I'm having some problems with the display
> under X.  When I move a window it does not refresh properly (although anything
> below the window does refresh properly).  Also, when I move the mouse to about
> an inch from the right edge of the screen a small white square appears under
> the mouse cursor and a vertical line of moving white dots also appears.  I've
> played with the XF86Config-4 file, but I have not been able to remedy the
> problem.  Although, I have not been able to find the horizontal or
> vertical sync rates for the laptop screen, so I've been shooting in the
> dark.  Any ideas how to fix this problem?

support.dell.com?  They have some X configs for DL.  Don't know if
4.0.3 is mentioned.

     TopQuark Software & Serv.  Contract programmer, server bum.

1. X problems with Dell Latitude Xpi 133st

I've installed Red Hat 7.1 (with XFree86 4.0.3) on an Dell Latitude XPi P133ST
(NeoMagic 2070 video controller) but I'm having some problems with the display
under X.  When I move a window it does not refresh properly (although anything
below the window does refresh properly).  Also, when I move the mouse to about
an inch from the right edge of the screen a small white square appears under
the mouse cursor and a vertical line of moving white dots also appears.  I've
played with the XF86Config-4 file, but I have not been able to remedy the
problem.  Although, I have not been able to find the horizontal or
vertical sync rates for the laptop screen, so I've been shooting in the
dark.  Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Steven.

2. test - no text

3. Audio on Dell Latitude XPi CD 133ST

4. Help me!

5. Dell Latitude XPi and XFree86 3.1.2

6. Software Development Opportunities - Raleigh, NC, Newport Beach, CA & Annapolis, MD

7. XFree86 on Dell Latitude XPi Notebook??

8. System monitoring commands

9. pcmcia and DELL Latitude LM 133ST

10. Linux on a DELL Latitude XPi

11. Sound problem: Dell Latitude Xpi (ES1888 Soundblaster chipset)

12. Installation on a Dell Latitude XPi ??

13. Dell Latitude XPi Laptop Help