Canon BJC 4300 linux compatible?

Post by Santosh Kum » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

hi all: i looked at the redhat page and all the anon bj printers i could
find there are not available now. i am considering getting a canon bjc
4300, does there exist a linux driver for it?

thanks

SK

--
Santosh Kumar, Cognitive & Linguistic Sciences Box 1978,
Brown University, Providence, RI 02912 (401)-273-5867 (Home)

Post by Bob Niels » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>hi all: i looked at the redhat page and all the anon bj printers i could
>find there are not available now. i am considering getting a canon bjc
>4300, does there exist a linux driver for it?

Assuming it is compatible with the 4100 and 4200, the bjc600 driver should
work at 360x360 dpi.  Redhat used to have the driver set up without color
support, but that may have been corrected by now.

Bob

--

                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen

Canon BJC 4300 linux compatible?

Post by Bob Niels » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>hi all: i looked at the redhat page and all the anon bj printers i could
>find there are not available now. i am considering getting a canon bjc
>4300, does there exist a linux driver for it?

Assuming it is compatible with the 4100 and 4200, the bjc600 driver should
work at 360x360 dpi.  Redhat used to have the driver set up without color
support, but that may have been corrected by now.

Bob

--

                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen

1. HP Deskjet 690C, Canon BJC 4300 under Linux ?

Hi there !

I am thinking about purchasing a color bublejet printer. It seems that HP
690C and Canon BJC 4300 are good in price and quality as well.
My problem is that none of the them supports Linux officialy.
Does anyone have experience weather they are useable under Linux ?
If yes, does it provide the same or similar quality as under Windows ?
Do You know a color bublejet working fine under Linux ?

I managed to print a file that was generated for Deskjet 500C on 895Cxi,
and 1120C but 690C. The quality was not excellent. I have read about the
drivers for DeskJet 720 and 1000, but they ar black and white, and I need
the colors.

Thanks for any help,

Gabor

2. devfs and startx - or lack thereof

3. How can I get my Canon BJC-4300 printer working.

4. Lost passwords and Data

5. canon bjc 4300, xbubblejet and Redhat 5.1 printing

6. Error on news server

7. Canon BJC-4300 in X

8. SCSI tape drive access durring %post in kickstart

9. Canon BJC-4300

10. Problem: Printer Canon BJC 4300 and RH 5.1

11. Canon 4300 BJC Problem

12. mandrake 5.3 printing with Canon BJC 4300