basic linux commands

Post by ctrlaltde » Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:00:00

hello.

I'm a newbie, so could someone tell me the equivelent for a deltree
command in linux?

Thanx,

---
If replying, please email.

basic linux commands

Post by Paul Flinder » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> hello.

> I'm a newbie, so could someone tell me the equivelent for a deltree
> command in linux?

> Thanx,

> ---
> If replying, please email.

mke2fs /dev/hda

.... Well it is _a_ deltree command :-)

Seriously, it's rm -R, check the man page for "rm"

--
Paul

basic linux commands

Post by Mark C Spae » Thu, 06 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>hello.

>I'm a newbie, so could someone tell me the equivelent for a deltree
>command in linux?

rm -r <directory)

note that linux won't confirm, so if you do something like:

rm -rf /

...you'll suddenly have a lot more space on your hard  drive :)