Can't get Cirrus CL-GD7548 working...

Post by Kris Merten » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have a problem with the Cirrus CL-GD7548 on my Compaq Portable...
Whatever options I use ( given in README.cirrus ! ), X switches my display
to CRT.
The other bad thing that happens, is that I always have a garbled screen
with 16 or 24 bpp. With 8 bpp the screen stays blank (or black ?).
Is the XF86_SVGA server not capable of driving the CL-GD7548 or am I doing
something wrong ?

Thanks, ...

--
Greetings from Kris,

home : http://travel.to/we1box

Can't get Cirrus CL-GD7548 working...

Post by James Amunds » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:12:43 +0100, "Kris Mertens"

>I have a problem with the Cirrus CL-GD7548 on my Compaq Portable...

Look at http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/xfree86_cirrus.html

It contains configuration files that should solve your problem.

Post by Johns » Sun, 07 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>I have a problem with the Cirrus CL-GD7548 on my Compaq Portable...
>Whatever options I use ( given in README.cirrus ! ), X switches my
display
>to CRT.
>The other bad thing that happens, is that I always have a garbled screen
>with 16 or 24 bpp. With 8 bpp the screen stays blank (or black ?).
>Is the XF86_SVGA server not capable of driving the CL-GD7548 or am I
doing
>something wrong ?

>Thanks, ...

>--
>Greetings from Kris,

>home : http://travel.to/we1box

Kris,

I basically caught hell getting my Cirrus card to work in X. I found a web
site, http://www.d.kth.se/~d92-foh/  . There is a link on this page that
leads to Laptops. From that page I found this page
http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/xfree86_cirrus.html

That should get you going quite well, it worked wonders for me.
If you can't access the files at the above site or want me to send
them to you let me know. These are just XF86Configs that folks
have posted to help.

Right now I am trying to figure how to make X utilize the full screen as
opposed to a small window in the middle of the screen. Any ideas on
that one?

Hope this helps ya.
Cya,
John